Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Writing Prompts

I’ve been ignoring blog prompts all month, but today I thought, why not? 

The twist: I will be answering them all at once.

And in 140 characters or less. 

Purpose: Defeated. 
 
Wednesday, June 1, 2011 Are you a fan of a sports team? When did you become a fan? Iowa Hawkeyes, since birth. Thanks, Dad. *sarcasm* 

Thursday, June 2, 2011 Tell us about your favourite band/musician. Isn’t that kind of obvious? What, do I have to re-title this blog “Emily’s Beatles/Bowie/Dylan Shrine” or something? 

Friday, June 3, 2011 Which author made you want to be a writer (or blogger)? Far too many to name, tho I think I started blogging (back in the LJ days) just because my friends were doing it and it looked interesting. 

Monday, June 6, 2011 What is the difference between being a fan and being a fanatic? Mere “fans” don’t get arrested for stalking. 

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 Are you the fan of a certain brand? No. (This answer brought to you by Diet Mountain Dew. Do the Dew!) 

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 What are you not a fan of? Stupid corporate bookstores that used to have good books but now only sell crap. Among other things. 

Thursday, June 9, 2011 Are you a fan of a certain actor or actress? Would you watch anything they're in? Yes, but I do have limits. Like, I’d never willingly watch a Michael Bay film even it if had both Ewan McGreggor and David Tenannt in it. 

Friday, June 10, 2011 Have you ever drastically changed your opinion of an author as you read their book? Become a fan? Lost your fan status? My opinion of J. K. Rowling changed as I read The Graveyard Book. (Not that I love HP any less, but Gaiman is the better writer.) 

Monday, June 13, 2011 Who is your greatest fan? My cat. Though she is not afraid to offer “constructive” criticism of the claw and fang variety. 

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 Which band have you traveled the farthest or paid the most to see play live? The most I ever paid was about $65 for Bob Dylan tickets at the BU hockey arena. 

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 What food are you really not a fan of? Tomatoes. Blech. 

Thursday, June 16, 2011 What is the best way to fan the flames of creativity? Read, listen to music, go to a gallery, watch a movie, etc. Draw inspiration from others' creativity. Or just get really really drunk. 

Friday, June 17, 2011 Is there a book that made you a better person? No. “Books are well written, or badly written. That is all.” --Oscar Wilde. 

Monday, June 20, 2011 Would you rather deal with vampires or zombies? Given that they’ve turned into a bunch of emos, Vampires. Zombies are becoming exponentially badass. 

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 What is one thing you would never in a million years eat? Didn’t I just answer this? One thing I would like to try that others probably wouldn’t eat, though, is haggis. 

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 Do you prefer big crowds or small groups? Small groups. Unless I want to practice my (nonexistent) ninja skills. 

Thursday, June 23, 2011 What is the hardest goodbye you've ever had to do? Saying goodbye to college. I’m still not over it and have had a series of rebound relationships with grad school. 

Friday, June 24, 2011 Which author made you want to be a reader? No particular author, though the American Girls series had a lot to do with it. 

Monday, June 27, 2011 If you could live in any other time period, what would it be? The 70s, because my tastes in music, clothes, politics, and theory are there already.

No comments:

Post a Comment